Friday, June 11, 2010

Comfort Overload In An Uruli

Okay, so I am showing off.

Yes, this sandstone uruli-like-bird bath, made in Rajasthan, shopped in New Delhi and sent all the way to Toronto.

My Ma-in-law picked this from a store called Prakriti (meaning Nature) near about Connaught Place, New Delhi. Looking up the store on Google, yielded no results, so do not ask me where it is!IMG_8793

This week I was feeling extra domestic, making the sondesh, using rose petals as prop, and re-using them to float in this uruli.
IMG_8794 When I think of serenity in my life. I default to the obvious; tea lights.IMG_1568 IMG_8795 And I waited patiently for dusk to wrap my living room in darkness…and the result was S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G.IMG_1581 IMG_1576 IMG_1577IMG_1579IMG_1583 This is exactly my idea of a comfort sight, something I find soothing and can keep gazing at it for hours…

What things comfort you?

3 comments:

Shilpa said...

Looks so nice and so soothing :)

? said...

Lucky lucky! the bird design inside is unique...; the first time the traditional Uruli made a design splash in a big way...was a photo coverage of the young PM, RGandhi with his family and among them a shot of the traditional bell metal antique with flowers floating in it.

Ronita said...

You are an artist....both with words and the ladle....All the best.