Monday, September 13, 2010

Fresh Fruit and Cream Cake

I first had the Fresh Fruit and Cream Cake at my BFF’s kiddie’s birthday party in India. I am not too fond of desserts and cakes, but this one did surprise me in a good way.

I made this cake for a friend’s barbecue party this last weekend, and though I cheated a bit to save on time, I did the layering with fruit and cream pretty much without any previous experience!

I used one box of Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake mix and made two separate cakes. Beat whipping cream with some vanilla essence and sugar and slobbered it in between the two cakes. Sneaking some kiwi slices in too.

IMG_0863 IMG_0861

For fruits I used fresh slices of kiwi, strawberry, handful of blueberries and pomegranate. So far, so good. IMG_0894 IMG_0960 IMG_0968 IMG_0963 IMG_0966 IMG_0967 IMG_0965IMG_1004 IMG_1007 I’d like to know from you what other seasonal fresh fruits can be used in a cake like this? I was thinking of Mangoes if you are doing it for a summer treat in India, where you get the best mangoes.

14 comments:

Suman Singh said...

Cake looks decadent..very beautifully done..love those fresh fruits in it..yummy!

Anonymous said...

cake looks really beautiful! really yummy looking with all those fresh fruits!

GB said...

I like pineapple (but I use canned, not fresh!)

Yours looks yum!

Satya said...

cake looks awesome dear ...love ur fruity fruity version ...so gorgeous ..yummy

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Unknown said...

Hey, This looks awesome. Good that u r in Canada or u wud have given Bangla Sweets a run for their money!!!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow awesome looking cake, looks absolutely divine and elegant..

Ushnish Ghosh said...

Dear Pree
Thats simply awesome ...I wish I can make one like this ...:-(
Kaku

Gouri Guha said...

This looks delicious...wish I could get a taste of it.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

Soooper tempting cake...love your version....excellent clicks dear.

PreeOccupied said...

All, I am sending a slice to all of you. It goes with all the warmth and care from me to YOU!

Spice said...

nice treat for eyes & well lucky friends of yours who actually get to eat this.....U can use peaches too....

Unknown said...

Hey pree this cake looks absolutely yummy to the tummy :-)

ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF MY MIND said...

You can use komlalabu-r koaa and thin slices of parsimmon.

Cocoawind said...

definitely going to try this one...