Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Its an Owlsome Collection

Over the last couple of years of Blogging, I have come to know some very talented people. Some of whom are quite high on my admiration-meter too.

Unfortunately, I have not met most in person. But hope lives on. Someday soon.

Here are some photographs from girls I have come to know through the world of Blogging and Facebook, and was able to peep in their homes through pictures! That’s how the virtual world works these days I guess.

This is a post about owls in home decor! The owl is the vāhana or the mount of Goddess Lakshmi, the symbol of good luck in Hindu culture. Lets see how some of my girl friends around the world have used the pæncha (Bengali for “owl”) in their homes.

Owl7_Soma Ghosh

sayanti_owl

Owl10_BB

Owl5_Soma Ghosh

sayanti_owl2

Owl4_Soma Ch

Owl9_Soma Ghosh

Owl10_BB1

sayanti_owl3

Owl3_Soma Ch

Owl8_Soma Ghosh

Owl1_Soma Ch

Owl6_Soma Ghosh

orange.lamp

So what do you think? Isn't all this so creative and inspirational? Maybe its time to get that little family owl out of the trunk and show it off to the world.

9 comments:

Soma said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I want more now!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Pree, amar dekha sabtheke bhalo owl collection holo Chaitali Chakraborti'r (TV personality). kato je ache. sujog kore akta chobi tule pathabo tomay.
darun hoeche post ta. btw ami akta chobi pathate bhule gechi.

Sarmistha said...

I super like this post.I had ignored this subject for long.I am inspired to do some owl paintings or something soon.Will holler you when done :)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

wow ! thats a neat collection!

sulagna said...

now this is going to be an interesting series...i just realised Pree, my favorite fetish is collecting glass bottles of all shapes and sizes !!

Vasudha Somayaji said...

Surprised to know that owl brings good luck. I had bought couple of them without this knowledge..

Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

awww thats a nice owl collection you have Pree,was not aware they bring in good luck.Loved dropping by your space would love it if you would drop by mine.

Mallika said...

What a lovely blog! I got sent here by Gunjan, and as a fellow Bengali, couldn't resist. These photos brought back memories from home...

Swati Sapna said...

I love owls! ever since i was introduced to harry Potter and his snow owl - Hedwig :P
I have a crystal owl pendant that i wear on a long chain... one of my favorite accessories :)