Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Miss Menon's Alu-Methi (Cubed Potatoes & Fenugreek Greens)

IMG_4279_thumb1
I wanted an Alu-Methi recipe, and my friend Smriti just gave me the perfect one.

Here is her recipe:

Heat up jeera/cumin, garlic, slit green chillies in oil and add potato. Add salt and turmeric if you want though I generally leave the turmeric out. cook the potato till golden and crisp from the edges but fully cooked. dump in the cleaned methi and cook till u reach desired done-ness for the leaves. this is the simplest version and one I've always loved - fabulous flavours from the garlicky potatoes and the freshness from the leaves combine in a very earthy way.

IMG_4269_thumb1
IMG_4270_thumb1
IMG_4271_thumb1
IMG_4273_thumb1
IMG_4277_thumb1
IMG_4278_thumb1IMG_4283_thumb1
IMG_4281_thumb1
IMG_4280_thumb1

3 comments:

My Unfinished Life said...

alu methi is one of fav winter dishes!!!

http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Delicious and easy to prepare aloo methi. Very easy to try it out as well.
Also a very happy independence day to you and your family.
Deepa

GB said...

Gosh that looks good! Pure unadulterated comfort food.