Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award and Seven Secrets

Versatile Blogger[1][1] One of my favorite Bloggers, the warm and effervescent Kamini Raghavan of Saffron and Silk gave me (along with few others) the Versatile Blogger Award. I had no choice but to graciously accept it.

Which also meant that I have to tumble out of my closet seven deep, dark secrets about myself and tag seven more Bloggers.

But before I do that, I'd need to add a disclaimer to this post. Under no motivation will you be tempted to laugh, snigger or make fun of me after knowing these closely guarded secrets. 

  1. When I was too young to buy my own mascara, I used petroleum jelly on my lashes. 
  2. I got my first award/prize for creative writing when I was six. That has been my only award so far.
  3. I chased an older boy in a wedding ceremony asking him to marry me. I beat up the domestic help and cut his forehead with a steel rod. Why? Because he refused to give me atta dough to play. I also stole pork sausages from the fridge. All at age four.
  4. I fell in love with my Father's friend, a doctor from London, UK, when I was three. Or maybe four.
  5. My favorite one-liner to blackmail my loved ones is - "No one loves me". And then I pout.
  6. The only Bollywood actor’s photo I ever saved was Aamir Khan’s, when I was 13 or 14. My little sister found it and tore it. I was heartbroken but made sure I tore her stickers.
  7. I first cooked Biryani at age 16! It was a smash hit according to my Father, but then he is biased.

Okay people, the party is over. Its your turn to be out with your own dirty little secrets. Now. Tagging the following fellow Bloggers whose life and Blogs interest me.

12 comments:

Kamini said...

As always you have me rolling on the floor and laughing!! I'm staying away from you, I know better than to mess with you now! Beating up the poor domestic help....poor chap! :-)

Sassy Fork said...

Congratulations!! You also get the award for the most innovative recipes and glorious pictures!!
I am so happy and touched to see my name in the list of bloggers.That's my award,Pree!:)))

Satrupa said...

Pree ..... you made my day ! More than the award I was amused reading the lil secrets of yours. My fav, you tearing ur sis's stickers. I too used to fight a lot with my younger sis .
Thanks for sharing the award ..... I definitely feel elated:)

Cheers n Happy Cooking,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com

Srirupa Gupta said...

Congratulations!!!
Loved your secrets, I too used to do the same for my eyelashes!!! And I had a massive crush on Aamir Khan all my teenage years...only movie actor whose pics I collected (actually had a cupboard plastered with his pics!) and also tore them following a fight with my Mamu :( Have no siblings, guess he's the closest to one I had then!

BTW: Sumana Sen-Bagchee is my pishi sasuri (if I am getting the relation right)

Kalyan Karmakar said...

Hey thanks Pree...I had a collage of Juhi Chawla pics from QSQT :)

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Pree, u truly deserve it..

GB said...

why am I not surprised at any of these answers.

Imp!!!

Sudha said...

super cool confessions..think of it.. i have had the most boring childhood!! :P

Hamaree Rasoi said...

Same pinch Pree because I used to do the same trick on my eyelashes when I was a little girl. Hi Hi hi.....
Shubho bojoyar preetio shubecha niyo. I know I'm late but was so tied with bijoya related acitivies that I could hardly spent any time on blogging. I'm going to read your Durga Puja special posts today in detail.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Unknown said...

you are SO SO SO funny! I loved reading each of yours lil secrets.

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

loved to read about you! You are hilarious! Now not sure I can keep up to such high standards. Thanks for tagging me!

Unknown said...

Dear thanks for tagging me..but given a big task to hunt for the dark secrets and dig them out....let see how far I would be able to succeed...

Your secrets are really inspiring me to make my search easy....glad to know lil Pree more better....:)