Thursday, April 01, 2010

Bowl Asylum

My tonsils are kissing each other today. I have to be more careful in this weather and the Spring allergies. Thankfully the sub-zero days are behind us. But I think last night’s iced tea did it.

My Mum always made me thin chicken soup whenever I had my infamous tonsil-sinus bouts. And Ma (my Mother-in-law) used to give me this bowl of broth with freshly squeezed lemon juice, some chopped garlic and fresh cracked black pepper to cure me of my cold. But I was in no mood for either. Since I am my own boss here, I settled for something filling so I wouldn’t have to cook dinner. A bowlful of Chicken Sweet Corn Soup with some bread sticks seemed quite dependable. Not to mention the extra chopped chilies I put in my bowl.

I don’t think any of you need a recipe for this soup. I will let the photos speak for themselves. Plus I can’t talk much; gola’e baitha (my throat hurts)!

Hopefully a bowlful of this coupled with two Tylenols should get me ready to post something more delectable.IMG_6799 IMG_6803 IMG_6804 IMG_6805 IMG_6806 IMG_6807 IMG_6800 IMG_6801 IMG_6802 IMG_6811 IMG_6810 IMG_6812 IMG_6813 IMG_6808 IMG_6814 And if in a couple of days, I don’t post something here, please check back on me. Will ya?

1 comment:

Satya Raj said...

ya its good for tonsils...next time pls post somethg cold its really getting warm in India n we need somethg cold to chill off the loo....