Thursday, January 28, 2010

Creative Chromosome

 3263286301323G I held on to this empty bottle of J.P. Chenet Shiraz from Saturday’s party. While the rest of the bottles found their way to the recycle bin, I knew this one was for keeps for its sheer shape.

When “A” brought this bottle over, she told me this was designed in a way to make pouring out its contents into a glass easy and spill-free.

An ergo wine bottle!

 

I hand-painted little roses in crimson red, titanium white, lake blue and ochre yellow, and highlighted them with carbon black.

IMG_5299

I did not know what was it leading to…

If nothing else, the recycle bin would look colorful the next day!

IMG_5305

I wanted to stuff some little lights in it and turn it into a lamp! But the lights I have did not give in to the small rim of the bottle, and I don't have a glass cutter either.

So here I am, using it as an incense holder until I am able to think of a better use for it…

IMG_5308

Or till you tell me what to do with it!

IMG_5310

Or I might just give it to a wine connoisseur like “A”, that is if she wants it.

P.S. While we are talking about wine bottles, I want to share this one with you! wine bottle
I picked this HUGE bottle of Henkell Trocken Champagne from a "kabadiwallah" in Lajpat Nagar Central Market. I went to a glass cutter and had a little hole done at the back, added a shade, a bulb holder and turned this into a lamp.
Before I left India, I gave this away to my father, who displays it now in his bar.

This picture is from my home in New Delhi, decked up for Diwali.

No comments: