Monday, January 18, 2010

Art & Soul ~ Nothing Artstanding

I continue to explore the art world. I completed THE Audrey Hepburn side profile today, recreating the famous photograph by Yousuf Karsh. Again used my favorite colors from my palette- black, white and red (in acrylic).

I am still quite raw and a closer look will let you see all the flaws.

After three hours of painting this, I was exhausted. But I had attained Audrey!

IMG_5167

In retrospect, I wish I had used a lighter red for the background.

IMG_5168 

_________________________________

My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.

~Audrey Hepburn

_____________________________________________

1 comment:

popsie said...

Great piece! Nice to see the artist in you evolve. Never saw this side of you, earlier. Keep em coming!

I don't quite agree with Ms.Hepburn about the fact that any woman could look like her. She was the epitome of beauty.